Apply for Permittee Status
So you want to join Nabet 700 CEP! Your first step is to become a Permittee – that is, someone who is working towards becoming a member by providing invaluable support and back-up to the membership during our busiest periods.
If you are a Northern Ontario resident who is interested in becoming a NABET permittee contact Membership Steward Greg Caley at 416-536-4827, ext 231 or email@example.com.
NABET 700 CEP receives a tremendous volume of telephone traffic. Unfortunately, that precludes us from taking as much time with inquiries as everyone would like. It is therefore essential that all applicants adhere to the following guidelines.
There are several steps you MUST complete before handing in the application form:
- Read through the application in its entirety so that you fully comprehend all that is required before you complete and hand in your application.
- Attend NABETiquette. This is a half day set etiquette and protocol workshop, generally offered once every 6 weeks. The upcoming course date is always listed on the homepage of our website. The cost for the course is $100 and you can register by calling the office with a credit card number or visiting the office where we take cash (must be exact change), credit, debit or cheque. Note: This course is a required part of the application process that everyone, regardless of experience or years already worked in the film industry, must complete.
- At the end of the course you will receive a certificate that must be attached to the application form. Applications turned in without a NABETiquette certificate will be immediately rejected.
- You must have a minimum of 40 Days relevant working experience in film or television in the department you plan on applying for.
- You must attach TWO (2) copies of your resume in addition to filling out the relevant past employment page on the application form.
- Any additional material or requirements needed for your specific department (see DEPARTMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS below) as well as a copy of any applicable licenses (Transport/Hair).
Once your application has been received, it must await the approval of the Vice-President of the department to which you are applying. We endeavour to process all applications within 8 weeks. However, sometimes busy work schedules of our VPs lengthen the procedure. You will be notified via mail once your application has been approved.
Should your application not be accepted and you wish to apply again, you will not be charged an administration fee, nor will you need to attend another session of NABETiquette.
Downloadable Application Form (PDF, 911 KB)