General Fall Protection Course
9:00AM - 5:00PM
Instructor: Roger Silva
Cost (Members): $35
Cost (Permittees): $45
Maximum Class Size: 20
The objective of this training course will be to provide film industry specific guidance related to overall safety considerations when working at heights. The course content is divided into three parts and will include the following:
Part 1: Basic Health & Safety Information
- Review of legislation and regulatory requirements
- Review of roles and responsibilities
Part 2: Application and Safe Work Practices
- Overview of Fall Protection Issues in Film and Television
- Ladder Safety, Scaffolds, Lifts and Elevating Devices, etc.
- Safe Work Practices
- Risk Assessment Techniques
- Rescue Safety, Policy and Program; Emergency Rescue Plan
Part 3: Practical Demonstrations and Case Study
- Types of Fall Protection
- Demonstrations of Ladder, Harness Safety, including hanging at height;
- Case Study exercise in identifying and controlling fall hazards
- Course Quiz
After completion of the course each participant receives a wallet card. If you own a harness, please bring it on the day.
As you know, some producers are requiring this qualification as a condition of employment. We strongly recommend that members and permittees in construction, paint, grip, electric, labour and set decorating take this training to remain competitive.
Downloadable course description and details (PDF, 20 KB)