Course Policies and Registration
Course Registration via Phone (using a Credit Card)
- Call in your Visa or MasterCard number to NABET at (416) 536-4827
- Your receipt will be mailed to you.
Course Registration via Mail
- Please make cheques and money orders payable to NABET 700 CEP and indicate the course title and number on your cheque or money order in the memo section. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- Mail cheque or money order to:
100 Lombard Street, Suite 203
Toronto, Ontario M5C 1M3
Attn: Training Department
- Your receipt will be mailed to you.
Registration in Person
- Visit NABET's office at 100 Lombard Street, Suite 203, only during business hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, to register for courses.
- Make full payment of course fees by cash, credit card, money order, cheque or debit card.
- You will be given a receipt for your payment immediately. However, receipts will not be issued for deposit cheques, unless they are later processed.
NOTE: NABET will charge $30 for any registration payments that are returned due to insufficient funds.
There is no pre-registration for registrations accepted over the phone without payment.
Deposit Course Registration
When registering for deposit courses follow the normal course registration procedures outlined above. Note that only cheques will be accepted for payment of these courses and this deposit payment must be separate from payment for any other courses, dues or other items. If there are questions or concerns regarding this contact Robin at (416) 536-4827 ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dwight Crane Registration
If NABET members and permits register for the Aerial Lift Safety Course (or any other course) on the day of the course at Dwight Crane or another designated location, they must pay Dwight Crane's registration fee of ($75 or as stated), no exceptions. NABET will only accept advance payments with our posted registration fee up to 4:00 p.m. the day before the course.
Course participants are academically and financially responsible for all courses registered and fees incurred, unless they withdraw with notification (via email, letter or phone call) five business days before the course begins. When withdrawing from a course you may wish to transfer your money to another upcoming course of interest (if space is available), have this money applied when the course you are withdrawing from is repeated in the future, or request a full refund. Refunds will be mailed out as soon as notification is given. If you do not receive your refund please contact Robin at (416) 536-4827 ext. 223 or email@example.com.
Specialized courses will have separate withdrawal and attendance policies.
Participants who notify our office two business days before the course begins will receive a refund of 50% of the course fees within 4-6 weeks. Participants who notify our office after this deadline or not at all, will receive no refund.
Courses, fees, days, times, or instructors are subject to change without prior notice. If due to low enrollment or other matters it is necessary to cancel a course, we will contact you by phone. In the event that a course is cancelled, you may wish to transfer your money to another upcoming course of interest or to a new re-scheduled date of the course being cancelled, or request a full refund. Refunds will be mailed out within 4-6 weeks. If you do not receive your refund please contact Robin at (416) 536-4827 ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permit Registration Fees
Most courses are open to Permits. Contact NABET's office at (416) 536-4827 to confirm the fee for the course that you are interested in attending, and follow the registration process listed above. All additional fees and protocol related to the registration process will also apply to Permits.
50% Training Reimbursement
Listed below is the process for members only to request a 50% Training Reimbursement:
- Before registering for a course, the member writes a 'request for training' letter to the Executive Board with any supporting documentation about the course, workshop or seminar, with a copy being sent to their Department Vice President.
NOTE: The course must be relevant to the member's specific category, department, and job.
- At the next Executive Board Meeting the request for training will be discussed, reviewed and either approved or rejected by the Executive Board and a confirmation is sent to the Training Coordinator - hard copy or via email.
- When the member completes the course they provide the office - Training Department with any course training material for the member's records and training files for back-up documentation.
- The Training Coordinator updates the member's records to indicate completion of the course.
- The Training Coordinator submits the reimbursement to the Accounting Department for remittance.
NABET will charge $30 for any registration payments that are returned due to insufficient funds.
Group and individual photos taken at courses will be used for internal purposes on NABET's website, in our newsletter and for presentations. If you do not want your individual photo to be used, please write a letter and send via email to email@example.com or regular mail to NABET, 100 Lombard Street, Suite 203, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1M3.
Certificates and Wallet Cards
Certificates and/or wallet cards will be given to course participants after successful completion of each course, unless otherwise noted. We will make every effort to have certificates and/or wallet cards available at the end of the course, however if this is not possible we will mail them to you within 4-6 weeks.
ALL NABET members and permits are solely responsible for ensuring that all of their required certifications and licenses, which include various Health & Safety tickets (e.g. Fall Protection, Aerial Lift Safety, WHMIS, etc.) are current, up-to-date, and available for inspection at any time.
Replacement Cards and/or Certificates
If you require a replacement wallet card and/or certificate there will be a $10 administration fee and you will receive you new card within 2-4 weeks.
Printable PDF Version (PDF, 123 KB)